Sunday 1 July 2012

Part Of My Journal #1

SATURDAY 30 JUNE 2012

TONIGHT IS THE BEST NIGHT EVER!!!!!!

I have never felt anything like this before in my entire life. It’s just so. . . .I don’t know. There’s no word for what I feel right now. Believe me when I say that this is the only memory that I don’t ever want to forget.

I should probably tell you the whole story since I have nothing better to do at the moment. So, I’ll start by telling you how my night went from GREAT to DISASTER then to AWESOME…

~~~~~

On the second week after my registration to UiTM, all the Part 1 students have this thing called ‘Induction’. But for this year, they changed it to ‘Reinvention’. It has been 4 days since the first day of ‘induction’.

Everything went just find to me. . No problems at all.

On the fourth day of ‘induction’, that’s where it all begins.

We were asked to bring recyclable items on the fourth night and we did. At first it was fun because we had to dress up our teammate using all the recyclable items. We had an awesome fashion show and two of my teammates won.

When we all thought that everything was over and what’s left was just some brief information for tomorrows’ activity, THAT’S where it all begins.

Our disciplinary bureau –one of our Part 5 seniors- called out names with a really furious voice. At first, I was shocked. I didn’t expect any trouble for tonight because everyone was OK.

At one point, I actually felt like my name was going to be called even though I knew I did nothing wrong – especially not with the seniors-.

I was right. My name was called out and the first thing that came to my mind was ‘What did I do?’. I could’ve sworn that everyone was looking at me. They all should know by now that I’m not
the kind to actually create any trouble with the seniors.

So, there I was dumbfounded thinking that I actually did something wrong. They were so angry. They
screamed and yelled at us. Anyone who’s human would know how angry they were at the moment.

Whenever he asked me what I did wrong, I couldn’t say anything else except for ‘I don’t know’. Then they ordered us to gather beside the parking lot. Everyone was already there and we had to line up in front of them.

Our PUNISHMENT starts there. They asked all the trouble students to squat and hold our hands behind our heads. Everyone else had to half-squat. It was terrifying thinking that our PUNISHMENT
was about to start.

3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . –SPLASH!!!!-

We were splashed by some kind of water and then, they started singing the BIRTHDAY SONG and poured flour over our heads. I was too stunned to respond. I just stayed in my position realizing that they were celebrating all of the students that were born in JUNE’s BIRTHDAY.

I was astonished by the way everything went WRONG in the RIGHT way. No one and I mean no one has ever celebrated my birthday in the most cruel-but –awesome way ever. I cried realizing how kind-hearted our seniors are.

To tell you the truth, I don't like it when people celebrate someone's birthday that way. But somehow, I like the way the seniors celebrated our birthday. It was just magical. I couldn’t stop myself from smiling, laughing –a bit- and crying –a lot-. They even bought us a cake. I don’t know why but I wanted to scold them for being so damn nice.

After the whole event, I felt like a whole new person inside of me just found a way out and is ready to take on the world.

All I have to say is, THANK YOU MY AWESOME SENIORS AND KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST. . . BEING YOURSELF…

It’s already 1am now so, I should go to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of ‘induction’ or should I say ‘reinvention’. I want to be prepared for it.

So, I guess that’s it. . All the best and

Roger and Out. . :D

No comments:

Post a Comment